Saturday, September 22, 2007

Fall, Soon to be Winter

The leaves are starting to turn here, and not a minute too soon for Charlie. There are a few themes he's been harping on as of late, all to do with the change of seasons. "I want to get a Christmas tree," he says. "Where's the snow? I want to build a snowman." "I want to go ice skating. " "Where's my sled?"

Luckily for Charlie the rink opens this week. We just ordered him a pair of bob skates, so he can really get his feet on the ice this year. And next weekend is Kevin Veinotte's open woodlot day (Best Woodlot of Nova Scotia 2007!), so we can go visit our organic, sustainably harvested Christmas tree while it's still growing.

What's with the winter fun fascination? It must be his Canadian blood. I'll strive to keep up.

Tomorrow is Open Farm Day in Nova Scotia. We're planning a visit to the local u-pick cranberry bog, Terra Beata. We've been making our own granola lately, and I think we'll use their cranberries to make a holiday granola for friends and family. Let me know if you want some...

0 comments: